Monday, October 10, 2011

Study 7 Avoiding the Vomit

This week we will be reviewing study 7 in our book "Avoiding the Vomit."  Lovely title isn't it?  For our discussion we'll be going over the questions on page 218.  I do have a few books left that are available for purchase for $9.00 so let me know if you still need one!  We will be meeting at my house at 726 Stargazer St, Beaumont at 10:00.  The kids will be babysat in a different room while we do our study but the babies are always welcome to stay with us if you aren't ready to leave them! 
 
Our next outing is going to be the Pumpkin Patch Tour at Live Oak Canyon on the 26th.  I don't need a firm commitment but please let me know if you plan on attending so I can reserve the correct number of spots.  Just respond with yes, no or maybe and number of kids so I can at least get close to the correct count.  The cost is $7.00 per person for a one hour tour.  It includes a tractor pulled ride to tour the fields, hands on learning in discovery area, visit to the barn yard animals, selecting a pumpkin and playing on the giant castle.  You can also bring a picnic lunch and eat in the picnic area!  Check out details at http://liveoakcanyon.com/loc/pumpkins/pumpkins.htm.
 
We came up with a great idea for our car for Trunk or Treat!  We are going to have cutout lambs in a pasture and have our kids faces on each of the lambs.  Please bring a photo of your child to this weeks study or get to me in the next few weeks so that their picture can be included!  It can be just a small wallet sized picture or a normal 4 x 6 where their face is around the same size it would be in a wallet.  I'll also have sign ups if you are available to help run the game during the event.  There will be four half hour slots.  Those of us working on putting together the car are pooling our resources to cover the cost but if you aren't able to work on it but would still like to pitch in, you can donate money to help cover the cost.  I will put an envelope next to the sign up sheet. 
 
I hope everyone is having a great week and I look forward to seeing you this Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment